Seven Seas Seaweeds
Ingredients: Dulse, Nori, Sea Lettuce, Wakame, Kombu, Longicruris, and Knotted Wrack flakes.
- All ingredients are sustainably wildcrafted and hand-harvested from the icy, clean waters of the Bay of Fundy, Canada, then sun-dried.
- An amazing nutritional booster, providing many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and trace elements from the sea. Naturally contains 230.65mg of sodium per 7g of flakes. Each ingredient has its own beneficial properties:
- Dulse: provides a wealth of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein. It is rich in healthy fatty acids, trace minerals and antioxidants.
- Nori: rich in carotenes, vitamin C and B12, and iodine.
- Sea Lettuce: provides an abundance of minerals, vitamins, iron, and protein. It is also rich in iodine, manganese, and nickel.
- Wakame: a rich source of eicosapentaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, magnesium, iodine, calcium, and iron. In oriental medicine it has been used for blood purification and intestinal strength.
- Kombu: known for tenderizing proteins and supporting healthy digestion. It is also a great source of iron and iodine.
- Laminaria longicruris: Commonly used as a rich source of iodine, which is generally used to promote thyroid health.
- Knotted Wrack: Also known as Ascophyllum nodosum, is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, and it is a source of iodine, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Suggested Use: This blend can be added to a variety of recipes including rice and soup stocks. It can also be sprinkled on meals as a nutritious seasoning.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
Safety: Seaweeds contain naturally high levels of iodine. This product is harvested from the sea. Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to fish or shellfish.