Nigari Magnesium Chloride Flakes
- A chemical compound (MgCl2 ). Our flakes have been produced from seawater, after the Sodium Chloride has been removed, and the water has evaporated.
- This product has been thoroughly tested for purity and is considered food grade.
Suggested Use: It is most commonly used as a coagulant in the preparation of tofu from soy milk also known as Nigari in Japan or Lushui in China. May also be useful as a topical application in baths or as sprays (aka Magnesium oil) for transdermal absorption to help correct magnesium deficiencies.
Recipe for "Magnesium Oil":
- Bring ½ cup of water to a boil in a non-aluminum saucepan. Turn off the heat and stir in ½ cup of magnesium flakes until dissolved. When cool, pour into a spray bottle.
- This is a highly saturated Magnesium solution and when applied to the skin it feels somewhat greasy. Avoid sensitive skin areas to reduce stinging sensation.
- Possible benefits include reduced muscle cramping, improved sleep, help with headaches, and as an anti-stress agent.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry place
1lb or 1kg(2.2lb)