Cinnamon, Ceylon (Sticks)
- True cinnamon, also known as sweet cinnamon, Ceylon.
- Known for its slightly sweet, delicious, and spicy warming flavour commonly found in baked goods, teas, and spice mixes.
- Has a more subtle, delicate, and less sweet flavor than the closely related cassia cinnamon.
- Cassia contains higher concentrations of coumarin, which in high doses, can have a negative impact on liver and kidney health.
- As a medicinal herb used for circulatory, respiratory, and expectorant applications.
- Used to aid in the digestive process and enhance metabolic function.
Suggested Use: True cinnamon can be used in a very wide range of applications from sprinkling on your oatmeal or cereal, in baked goods, smoothies, as an extract or tea, or ingested in capsules. Its earthy yet appealing flavor makes it a staple in almost every spice cabinet.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry, dark place in an airtight container.
Safety: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using any herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.