- Native to the dry and temperate regions of the Mediterraneans, it is now widely cultivated throughout the world.
- Commonly referred to as catmint, is an herb well known for its popularity and effects on cats.
- Uses include treatment for anxiety and insomnia, it is often used as for its calming effects on the mind, body and stomach.
- Useful for a variety of digestive issues from stomach upset, diarrhea and gas. It may also help ease menstrual cramps.
- Many use catnip for respiratory issues such as cough and congestion.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of catnip also make it an effective folk treatment for arthritis, hemorrhoids and even to bring down the swelling associated with hives and bug bites.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.