- Fruit of a tropical plant related to ginger, and is one of the world's most expensive spices, after saffron and vanilla.
- Essential to the cuisines of the Middle East and Scandinavia. Cardamom coffee or gahwa is a symbol of Arab hospitality. Cardamom flavors ground meat in Norway and baked goods in Sweden. Cooks all over the world combine cardamom with cloves and cinnamon. Cardamom lends its distinctive flavor to chai.
- An effective remedy against halitosis and can be used to help soothe a sore throat and help fight gum and tooth disease and decay.
- The volatile oil in cardamom has been proven to soothe the stomach and intestines, making cardamom an ideal solution for a host of digestive problems, such as constipation, dysentery, and indigestion.
- Cardamom can be used aromatically to increase or encourage appetite, and also assists in soothing gas and heartburn.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry, dark place in a sealed container.
Safety: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using any herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.