Black Cumin Seed, Nigella
- An annual blooming herbaceous plant with pale bluish flowers.
- Native to southwest Asia. The fruit is full of numerous seeds which are harvested and used as a spice.
- Also known as black cumin, black caraway, Roman coriander, black onion seed, fennel flower, kalonji, or Habbat Al Barakah (Seed of Blessing).
- Known to treat digestive and respiratory illnesses, infections, high blood pressure, and menstrual cycle imbalances.
- Historically, it has been used as a medicine for over 2000 years. It was even discovered in King Tut's tomb, as it was believed to assist him in the afterlife.
- Not to be confused with black sesame seeds, nigella seeds have a strong pungent flavor.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark, and dry place in an airtight container.
Safety: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using any herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
0.5lb/8oz Whole Seeds