Out of stock
Review Quotes: "Adria Vasil is the reigning queen of helping Canadians live the green life." --"Ottawa Citizen" Biographical Note: ADRIA VASIL is the acclaimed and bestselling author of Ecoholic""and Ecoholic Home. She has appeared on television, radio and in print countless times and has become an eloquent ambassador for green...
"Adria Vasil is the reigning queen of helping Canadians live the green life."
ADRIA VASIL is the acclaimed and bestselling author of Ecoholic""and Ecoholic Home. She has appeared on television, radio and in print countless times and has become an eloquent ambassador for green living, speaking to audiences across the country. Her weekly column, "Ecoholic," has been running in "NOW "Magazine since 2004. She lives in Toronto.
Adria Vasil, Canada's straight-shooting green living expert, is back, and this time it's personal . . . care, that is. Her latest eco bible delivers the lowdown on virtually every product that comes into contact with our bodies. From the pollutants clogging your sinus meds all the way to the outlaw toxins leaching from your sandals, ECOHOLIC BODY has you covered, head to toe. Never shy to blow the whistle, Adria calls out supplement and shampoo makers that exaggerate their green cred. This witty, indispensable guide will arm you with the knowledge you need to keep you and your family healthy, happy and green, all while detoxing the planet.
Look your best
- "Mean 15" ingredients to avoid
- Skin care reviews for moisturizers, sunscreen, anti-aging and acne
- Fresh ways to fight funk from bad breath to B.O.
- Toxin-free hair care that works
- The lowdown on mineral makeup, natural cosmetics, tattoos and more
Feel your best
- Nature's best remedies and superfoods that are good for the planet and your body
- Greening your health care
- Pollution-triggered health problems
- Ecoholic weight loss plan
- Greener birth control, local sex toys and more
Dress your best
- All the latest eco fashions, including activewear, maternity clothes, lingerie, menswear, footwear, jewellery, wedding dresses and more
Give your kids nature's best
- Toxin-free bum balms, shampoos, bubble bath, oils and powders
- Green diaper reviews
- The scoop on kids' PJs, clothes, charms
- Exhaustive testing guides for everything from natural deodorant to herbal shampoos
- Made-in-Canada products and services
- Coast-to-coast store directory
- DIY recipes for homemade body care
- Money-saving tips in every chapter
Contributor Bio: Vasil, Adria
Adria Vasil is a best-selling author and journalist for Canada's NOW magazine, where she has been writing the "Ecoholic" column for five years. She lives in Toronto.