Just moist, chewy, certified organic dried tart cherries grown naturally without the use of pesticides. Enjoy them as a portable snack on their own, or add them to breakfast cereals, smoothies, or baked goods.
Cherries are one of the most potent plant sources of flavonoid antioxidants. They contain high in vitamin A (19 times more than blueberries per serving), and contain good amounts of fiber, and other trace minerals.
- Excellent source of fiber
- Excellent source of flavonoids
- Contain potassium, calcium, magnesium and folate
- One of the most potent sources of antioxidants of all fruits
- One of the few foods that contain high levels of tryptophan, which the body converts to melatonin and can help regulate your sleep.
- High in vitamin A
- High in iron
They contain 150 calories per 44 gram serving, comprised of 33 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein, 1 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber.
- Improve digestive health (fiber, flavonoids)
- Lower LDL cholesterol (beta carotene, flavonoids)
- Cardiovascular and anti-cancer benefits (flavonoids)
- Improve sleep (melatonin)
- Promote optimal vision, decrease risk of eye diseases (vitamin A)
What makes dried cherries stand out from a health stand point is their high vitamin A content (25% RDA per serving), extremely high antioxidant levels (one of the most potent fruit sources), and their high fiber content.
Some studies have shown that cherries might also improve the quality of our sleep, since they are one of the richest sources of tryptophan, which the body uses to make the hormone melatonin.